Another firm family favourite are these Roasted Chickpeas, Peas and Sweetcorn. Easy to make a big batch and keep them in Tupperware for a snack on the go often used as a crunchy substitute to crisps in our house and what’s even better is you can put your own flavour to them.
400g of Chickpeas 200g of Peas
200g Sweetcorn Olive oil
- Drain the tin of chickpeas and Sweetcorn and dry on a tea towel or kitchen roll.
- If using frozen peas, let them defrost and dry the excess moisture on a tea towel or kitchen roll.
- Place them separately in a Tupperware box add 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of flavouring then mix them round. Repeat this for each of them.
- Place them each on individual baking trays and then place the tray in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes (turning/mixing every 10 minutes).
- Take them out when they look crispy and brown, then shake over a little more flavouring. Place into a bowl and eat. They are great to have straight away when crispy and crunchy but just as tasty the next day.