- Get rid of your scales - lets say your have 5lbs of diamonds in one hand, and 5lbs of jelly in the other. They both weigh exactly the same - 5lbs - but while one will be big, soft and wobbly, the other will be firm, tight and shiny. Rule number one, how much you weigh doesn't matter.
- Health is often overlooked as a motivation to start working out, but, as well as toning up exercising will also give you bright eyes, lusicous hair and beautiful skin.
- Keep your exercise selection simple, with things like squats and deadlifts. Remember, what you do isn't as important as how. Work though a full range of motion and lift as much as you can while maintaining good form and control. The more sets and reps you do, the more you will hurt, but this doesn't mean better results - in fact, it can be detrimental as it may leave you unable to move for a few days.
- include some warm up steps to help you find the right weight, then perform 2/3 working sets of 6 reps.
- Focus on body composition. Composition is essentially what you're made of, and we want to make sure you're more diamonds than jelly.
What Exercise To Do?
- Every day go for a 20-90 minute brisk walk and make sure you get 7-8 hours sleep a night. This will have a significant impact on reducing body fat but the more diamonds (muscle) you have, the harder your body will work around the clock to maintain them, meaning you'll burn even more.
- Once or twice a week, go to a circuits class or bootcamp. Try a few, then stick with your favourite, preferably one where the instructor gives you lots of teaching points for form and posture.
- Exercise 4-5 times a week. Complete 4-5 HIIT workouts a week for 20-30 minutes each time focusing on full body movements. Checkout my YouTube channel, Facebook and Instagram pages for workout ideas. Links can be found at the bottom of the page.