I get asked all the time what is the best and quickest way to loose weight? Unfortunately there is no one thing which has the miracle answer to weight loss. Instead it is about having an all round balanced diet and getting regular exercise.
In this blog I look at some top simple tips on helping you achieve these without feeling like you are missing out.
1. When dishing up a meal or snacking eat 10% less than you normally would eat.
2. Try to think first and if there is a better choice make that one.
3. Try to avoid foods with more than 5g per 100g of sugar in.
4. Try to avoid buying anything marked 'LOW FAT'. I know this sounds strange, but usually when something is low in fat it is high in sugar or something else that is bad for us.
This naturally rules out chocolate and other really sweat things that if we are honest with ourselves we all know that they aren't that good for us.
Wherever possible try and swap your transport for working. I can't stress enough how important walking is. It is a really good foundation for your mind and body.
It teaches your body to burn fat and be more efficient, prepares your body for exercise, it is free, you can do it anywhere and you don't need special equipment to do it.
Try and get at least 3 hours a week of doing some kind of whole body exercise, that will incorporate increasing your heart rate as well as bodyweight or resistance exercises such as squats, lunges, press ups etc.
Finally I would like you to remember that being healthy or the weight you want to be and living a happy healthy life doesn't restrict you from eating certain foods, having another chocolate bar, going down the pub with your friends for a pint, or eating out at a restaurant.
Changing is easy if you make small manageable changes.
1. Crash diets or diets full stop don't work.
2. You can eat food and a lot of the right food and still be healthy.
3. Fat doesn't make you fat SUGAR does.
4. Exercise can be fun so find something you enjoy and get out there.
5. Walking is good.
Move a little bit more and make better choices, then good things will happen.