I have so many people ask me for 'diet tips' and in all honesty I've never been a fan of diets.
Carbohydrates have a bad reputation but the truth is your body needs carbohydrates in order to efficiently burn fat. Without carbs you will actually begin to cannibalise your own muscle mass, meaning your body fat and energy levels will drop.
It is not about quick fixes and 3 minutes abs. A healthy lifestyle is about a well rounded diet and keeping active!
Here are my 5 main tips:
1. Stay hydrated - water is crucial to aid and efficient digestive system.
2. Eat protein - ideally lean meats, beans, eggs, lentils etc especially following workouts - it's vital to help rebuild broken muscles mass.
3. Steam your vegetables - it's amazing the amount of nutrients lost during frying or boiling your veg.
4. Listen to your body - if your hungry, you need to eat but be careful not to misread the signs. for examples if you're craving sweets, chocolate or sugar your body is most likely low on carbohydrates. Try a piece of wholemeal toast or a bowl of wholemeal rice or pasta first.
5. Finally it is important to understand that healthy lifestyle takes time. Everything in todays world is instant on demand or speedy, but health and fitness shouldn't be.